Friday, August 3, 2007

christmas down south

Thanks for putting me on the list. It's going to be lots of fun watching us all prepare our christmas boxes. Here in Australia it's winter now, and by December the weather will be HOT. Lots of Australian's spend Christmas at the beach, and we combine Christmas and New Year celebrations with our summer holidays. Christmas means long days and warm nights, light clothes, cool drinks, seafood and salads and delicious summer fruit like mangoes, peaches and cherries, and of course we spend lots of time celebrating with our friends and family. It seems a long way away, but I'm sure the next few months will go quickly. I've go sooo much knitting to do!!

Best wishes to all.
Belinda

3 comments:

Knittymuggins said...

Hi Belinda! Thanks for sharing some of your fun holiday experiences in Australia! So different from here in the States! And that's what this swap is all about - sharing how our families and countries celebrate this special time :)

Kasia said...

Hi Belinda! Yes I heard about that! I was always amazed looking at my family's pictures and they were standing around christmas tree wearing summer clothes... I found it fascinating! Good to have you here!

Unknown said...

That is so hard to imagine! It'll be neat to hear more as time goes by.